In 1928, Société des Brevets Wrona was founded in Albertville (Savoie, France). One of the founders, Mr Wrona, had filed a patent relating to an apparatus for bending steel tubes by means of a device mounted on an hydraulic cylinder.
Beset by start-up problems, the company was soon relaunched as Société Savoisienne de Vérins Hydrauliques , as of 1931.
After World War II, in 1952, under Edmond Souquet, it set up base at the industrial facility where it can still be found today.
Until the 1960s, the vast majority of the equipment manufactured consisted of hydraulic cylinders with built-in pumps such as MOKLOS, KRATOS and EGES KRATOS – brands that are registered, well-known and recognised internationally.
In 1974, the company expanded: an industrial building and administrative and technical offices were adjoined to the historic workshops. The same year saw the arrival of Gérard Souquet who progressively took over the management of the company.